So this post is coming a little late, but I just have to share. My boyfriend and I did a Ruck Run last month with NC State ROTC. After completing it in about 45 minutes, we went over to the Farmer’s Market. The weather was perfect. As you know, strawberries are in season and we bought a huge bucket. My goal this year [and hopefully forever] has been to eat as close to paleo as possible. With all the food allergies I have, it just makes sense. I immediately got on Pinterest to find a way to use these strawberries. Here’s what I found:
PALEO STRAWBERRY MOUSSE by Rubiesandradishes.com
1 can full fat coconut milk, chilled 10-12 large strawberries (enough to make between 1½–2 cups strawberry puree)
2-3 Tbsp. honey (to taste)
1 Tbsp. gelatin
- Chill the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator before beginning. This will help separate the layer of coconut cream from the liquid layer below.
- Scoop out only the solid coconut cream layer from the top of the can, and place into a chilled mixer bowl. (Keep the bowl of coconut cream cold in the fridge while working on the following steps.)
- Pour the remaining liquid from the can into a saucepan with the gelatin, and stir them together while heating over low to medium heat until the gelatin has dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Add the honey to the warm gelatin mixture and stir until it is well incorporated.
- Clean and cut the strawberries into small pieces and add them to a blender along with the warm gelatin mixture. Blend until smooth. The chilled strawberries should help cool the gelatin mixture, but if it is still warm, allow it to cool.
- Whip the coconut cream into a whipped cream using a chilled beater.
- Fold the strawberry mixture into the coconut whipped cream, and immediately pour the mixture into serving dishes.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.
I made a version for me (gluten-free) and a version for the guys. It turned out AMAZING.
Give it a try, enjoy and let me know what you think x